Saturday, October 3, 2009

Blogtober #4 Whats for dinner?

We have been battening down the hatches at our place today with super scary winds and freezing cold temperatures.

We spent the afternoon rugged up on the couch with duvets and popcorn watching the old classic "Lion King" with the boys :)

Then comes "Whats for dinner mum?" and what is more perfect ona chilly lazy sunday then homemade pumpkin soup :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My recipe goes a little something like this.......

1 Medium sized pumpkin from the farmers market
3 medium sized potatoes from the farmers market
1 large onion ( can you guess where from? )
3 cups chicken stock
1 cup chicken gravy
cracked pepper
salt
nutmeg
1 cup milk stirred through at the end and garnished with sour cream :)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So what is/was for dinner at your place?

7 comments:

Sam said...

Yum!

we had crumbed Sniztle (yea i cant spell) .. and spud and veg

and not a breath of wind here today - Crazy huh

Jo's Place said...

Yum, we had Moroccan Stirfry Chicken on couscous with salad. Can you tell we had sun out this afternoon :)

Hannah said...

Jo it is CRAAAAZY now similar we are.... morracan chicken and couscous is like my FAV meal, nfact pretty sure i put it down as my last meal on me meme a couple of weeks ago haha

Gen said...

Oh yum!! That looks so good. I might have to try out your recipe.

LemonyRenee' said...

I'm ashamed to say, I've never tried pumpkin soup, but you've inspired me. Thanks for the recipe!

Tommys-Mummy said...

YUMMO! Im going to make this in the weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I'm so making pumpkin soup this week now!