Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Blogtober #15 Socks, socks, and more socks!

Well........................................................ i finally got up the courage to try my first socks! i Didnt however have the patience to wait for hard copy of the pattern i wanted to try , i couldnt just do any old boring pattern now could i? ;)

I zipped through the first leg and still couldnt wait so i placed it on holders and cast on the second sock.................

THEN i got the pattern.

Had i cast on the right amount of stitches?

NO OF COURSE NOT

I had 6 too few stitches on each sock...........................so two whole ribs

So i cast on the RIGHT number in another yarn while trying to think what to do and consulting my "GURU" . Turns out they are selvagable but i think i am going to continue my second pair and then go back to them once i know what im doing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wish me luck and no more mistakes! hahaha

3 comments:

Kristy said...

I love sock knitting,I finished my first pair yesterday now onto a new pair

Jo's Place said...

LOL, could you turn your leg bit into arm warmers or something. Yay for doing socks, very brave

Kate said...

Wow, socks hey? I've been coming across some great ones in blogland and contemplating knitting some myself but I do worry about how precise you seem to have to be.