Monday, October 26, 2009

Blogtober #25 Abundance

Whenever we come back from visiting the Relly's in Tauranga we always come back with bags of produce. Usually a few avos from the roadside honesty boxes and some lemons from the market etc but nothing like what we came back with this time.............................

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We spent the day out at Robs brothers farm on saturday and raided their tangelo, mandarin and avacodo trees. Throw in a few jumbo lemons from the farmers market and you get this! Around 20kgs of fruit and avos! YUM! For size reference look how the avo towers over the raisin box!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We have to wait for them to ripen but i cant wait!

Our laundry has an abunance of a different kind. I washed every second day while away but this is still how much dirty washing we came home with, lucky for me washing is Robs job hahaha :

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So who has some recipies to use up all this fruit? im Thinking Tangelo sorbet for knitting tomorrow night, some marmalade, but what else?

3 comments:

humel said...

Ooh, yum!! :-) I'd make some refreshing drinks for one thing - blitz quartered citrus fruits in a blender with a bit of water and some sugar to taste, then puch through a sieve to lose the pulp - mmmm! Enjoy - sadly, my personal crop is more of the laundry variety today...

PJS said...

seems so bizzare for us europeans to think of picking citrus and avacado from a tree... We always have to pick them off of a shelf in the supermarket...bleugh...its usually not worth it either!

ikkinlala said...

I'd probably just eat them - I'm guessing I could consume my weight in mandarin oranges, but I'm holding off buying them for now.