Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bounty

Well, today i FINALLY saw the effort of the months i have spent trying to get our vege garden up and running!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Two heads of broccoli, a heap of carrots and two ripe tomatoes!!! wohoo!!! haha Compared to all of my friends gardens this is pitiful but i am so damn proud :)

Check out this bad boy!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Our zucchini plants are in full bloom with dozens of flowers so we should be seeing some fruit form them in a few weeks too and more and more tomatoes are ripening each day.

4 comments:

Jo's Place said...

Yay Hannah, great haul :). Your carrots look fantastic, I've heard they are hard to grow, but obviously not for you :)

Rhiannon said...

Awesome! Can't wait to get more than a few lettuce leaves from our wee gardens.
I've never had any luck growing carrots, last time I tried I think I managed about three that were edible. haha. Perhaps I'll have to give it another go.

Hannah said...

yeah our lettuce got eaten up REAL fast so we are letting it grow back at the moment before pillaging it again :)
The carrots were so easy! i planted, then watered and didnt do anything else!!! i forgot to do the the culling down so there were a few bunches that were all warped ( some spiral carrots!)

A Life Less Complicated said...

well done! I think my broccoli and cauli have failed, I managed to kill the zuchini, and I have never had any luck with carrots! But we've had a good lot of lettuce and there seem to be quite a few capsicum popping up (already picked one) and waiting for something to happen with the eggplant (looks promising). So jealous of your carrots and broccoli though!